We are very pleased to share with you that on Wednesday, October 11, 2017, Joel L. Sidel was awarded the David R. Peryam Award by the ASTM Committee E18 on Sensory Evaluation to recognize outstanding professionals in the field of applied sensory science.
The award is granted to individuals who best exemplify the life and career of Dr. David R. Peryam and who possesses many the following attributes:
1. Has made significant and sustaining contributions to the advancement of the field of Applied Sensory Science and to the utilization of the science by business and industry;
2. Has made significant original contributions;
3. Is widely published;
4. Has shared knowledge of the field with others through papers, articles, seminars, mentoring, teaching, coaching, and consulting;
5. Is or has been an active member of a professional society related to sensory and should have contributed to its growth;
7. Has admirable personal characteristics such as humility and sensitivity to others;
8. Has given time and efforts to students of sensory research and food science, either as a part-time teacher, guest lecturer, textbook author, or publisher;
9. Is diverse – strong in business, applied science;
10. Has made a career achievement.
Every one of these attributes certainly describes Joel.
Present at this award dinner from QRS-TRAGON to honor Joel were Rhoda Makled, Sarah Choe, Angie Ameerally, and David Japhet.
Please join me in proudly congratulating Mr. Joel Sidel for this much-deserved lifetime achievement award!